Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pat's Funeral Cake


This is the cake I made for Pat, the women who taught me to bake. I have been so upset over this. Pat had a great impact on my life and one was of the most influential women in my life. She taught me to bake which changed the course of my life as I have worked as a baker for the past 17 years.
I was at a loss what to write on this cake. I searched my Bible, I searched the internet. I prayed about it and nothing. As I was getting ready to leave to bring the cake and feeling terrible that I could not think of something to write...God's voice whispered into my ear. Though her sin's were as scarlet they are white as snow. So this cake represents in the white frosting the white as snow covered sin. The flowers represent that Pat is now in the eternal garden of God. Then...I was at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment