Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

BBA Challenge: Brioche

This weeks challenge was brioche bread. It was definatly not your run of the mill sort of bread. I went with the Middle Class version after reading what Chris (http://www.akuindeed.com/ ) wrote about the Rich version


Making the sponge before and after the proof.




Once the sponge was proofed I added the other ingredients as listed and mixed it. I ended up attaching my dough hook towards the last few minutes of the mix. I put the dough on a parchment sprayed sheet pan. I smoothed the dough out and put it in the refridgerator overnight to proof. Below are the before and after dough pictures.











I formed the dough. I only had one brioche pan so I made one of those, I made a loaf pan and I used the remaining dough to turn into cinnamon rolls. This is the picture once I formed the dough, I covered with wrap and proofed for about 2 hours.

This is my brioche after it proofed.











This is the finished product.







This is the brioche cut in half to show the crumb. Overall I liked the cinnamon roll the best. The bread will make good french toast but the taste of the brioche did not blow me away. Maybe that is why Maria Antionette explained-let them eat cake! Which when properly translated is...Let them eat brioche.







2 comments:

  1. Coz -

    Nice looking stuff!

    Glad to see you went to middle class. That rich man's stuff was overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of your loaf, Coz. I think Marie Antoinette might have been on to something...

    ReplyDelete