Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

BBA Challenge: Casatiello

This weeks challenge was casatiello. It is an Italian type of bread. For my meat and cheese I chose pepperoni and provolone cheese. I purchased good stuff at Fraboni's the Italian deli here in town. Below are the before and after pictures of the sponge.


I mixed the dough until it was crumbly.








I added the meats and cheese. I diced both up based on what I read at Chris's blog. http://www.akuindeed.com/


I got a #10 can from work and used a small grocery bag to be my container.







I let the bread proof more in the can and then baked it off. My bread baked an extra 1 hour and 15 minutes more than what the recipe said. It made me wonder what I might have done wrong.







A picture of the crumb. I think next time I will need to mix the meat and cheese in better, it was not evenly distributed. Overall though, the bread was very good and I would make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment