Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

BBA Challenge: Cinnamon Buns


This weeks BBA Challenge was Cinnamon Buns. It was an interestings recipe as it had lemon zest in it and it was a recipe that you cream butter and sugar and then add the other ingredients. Most cinnamon bun recipes that I have made usually contain melted butter and the whole thing comes together with a dough hook.
The dough is mixed until there is the window pane.

The dough is put into an oiled bowl. I mixed the dough up at night-left it out while I slept and got up early. The dough had proofed and was ready to be shaped into the buns.











I rolled the dough into a square, covered it with butter and a cinnamon sugar mixture. I rolled the dough into a log and cut it into 12 pieces.















The dough was put on my rectangle stone and allowed to proof. I also got a shot of it in the oven after about 10 minutes of baking.













Then cinnamon buns come out of the oven and I drizzled the fondant/frosting over the top. The cinnamon buns were very good. I did not add the lemon flavor to the frosting as recommended. I agreeded with Chris that it would be too much. I could taste the lemon zest in the cinnamon roll which was different but overall no one thought it was awful in their. I would have to do some side by side taste tests with my current recipe to truly say what I think of this recipe.
Thank you Chris of http://www.akuindeed.com/ for hosting our BBA Challenges!













3 comments:

  1. Love your open crumb shot! I use just the pure lemon extract instead of the lemon zest, which works great for me. Some people are just not citrus lovers; in that case, vanilla works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I haven't made them yet but your pictures definitely make me want to eat some :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gaining weight just looking at those.

    ReplyDelete