Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

BBA Challenge: Pain de Campagne









This week I made Pain de Campagne. I made the pate fermentee a few days ago. I left it in my refridgerator to proof. I brought it out and let it come to room temperature and cut it into 10 pieces. I then added it to the other ingredients in the mixing bowl. I mixed it together and did much hand kneeding also and let it proof in an oiled bowl.



















I cut the dough into 3 pieces and decided to do the tradtion bread form called Fendu which means split bread.













I formed a baguette


I put a dowel into the dough





I floured the inside of the cut and repeated the process one more time.









I flipped the bread over to proof. I put it on floured parchment paper.



















Once the bread proofed I flipped it back over and baked it on a stone.










The flavor was OK but was not as wow as when we did the French Bread. Thank you Chris from http://www.akuindeed.com/ for hosting our challenges.



1 comment:

  1. Your loaves look great, we really enjoyed the flavor of this bread, but then again I have never met a homemade bread I didn't like. Nice shaping too! My fendu became a baguette with a slight crease.

    ReplyDelete