Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

chocolate cream puff cake







Today was our Mother/Daughter Banquet at Church and I got to make the cake. I got an inspiration from watching the Cake Boss and came up with my own version of the Chocolate Cream Puff Cake. This cake is chocolate cake filled with chocolate ganache. Then I made chocolate cream puffs and filled them with chocolate whipped cream and sprinkled powdered sugar on the cream puffs. I then arranged them on the cake and added some chocolate dipped strawberries and chocolate drizzle over the whole cake.
The cake was a full sheet cake 2 foot by 3 foot in size. The cake alone served 120 then their were 24 cream puffs and 15 strawberries on it. It took 9 hours to make and I have decided if anyone ever wants me to bake them one it will cost them $500!
I also dipped 125 strawberries into chocolate. Each place setting had a strawberry at it. It looked very nice.


















No comments:

Post a Comment