Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

cookies and bars


These were cookies and bars I made for a ladies luncheon at Church for Mother's Day. I have over 300 pieces. I was surprised that I was able to get this many cookies done faster and less cost than baking a cake. A good way to get filler is to make big pans of bars. As a baker I have 12x18 sheet pans which I used and I also used a 14" square pan. The flavors are:


Brownies


Lemon Bars


Carmelita's


Chocolate Chip cookies with walnuts


Peanut Butter Cookies


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies




The best place for these sort of recipes-well don't mess with the classics. The Nestle Tollhouse recipe, the recipe on the jar of Jif Peanut Butter, the recipe on the oats and so on. While some bakers strive to make something original and their own they loose sight of the classics. If a recipe is not broke-don't fix it!!! The key-use the best ingredients-butter, good chocolate etc. and stick to the classic recipes when it comes to cookies-these recipes have been tested thru out the generations!!!





















1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful assortment! I agree, the quickest way to a dessert is a cookie.

    ReplyDelete