Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Kahula Caramel Cheesecake


Here is a Kaluha Caramel Cheesecake that I made for my Husband Tom for his potluck at work. This is my most popular flavor that I make. I love the story of how I came about it. Years ago, back in 1993 I quit my full time job and took my first bakery job for $7.50 an hour for a part time job to pay for grocery's. I was a Mom now and decided to not put my precious baby into daycare so I took a HUGE paycut and worked in a bakery. I started making cheesecakes at work and they started to sell. I was working at the once famous Oven's of Brittany on State St. So my boss told me to take home ingredients and develope new flavors. I had some bombs but this was the home run. We went on to win an Isthmus Madison Best award for our bakery and this cheesecake recipe won the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra Chocolate Gala Best Cheesecake in Madison for 5 years in a row!!!!
This cheesecake has a pecan caramel shortbread crust with a layer of caramel on top of the crust. A rich cheesecake filling with chocolate and caramel and kaluha swirled throughout. Then on the top, is chocolate ganache, pecans and caramel.

No comments:

Post a Comment